An ever-evolving industry
The security industry is becoming more professional. Institutions such as hospitals, banks, universities and many others increasingly require highly skilled or experienced security professionals.
Become a recognized professional in the job market by obtaining a certificate in industrial and commercial security. This training program is the one of the most recognized in the industry with a growing demand for qualified individuals.
The GardaWorld CDC difference
Our training combines more than 15 specialized modules that incorporate both theory and practice, so students can better grasp knowledge. That is why this intensive training is the equivalent of one year of field experience.
Boost your career prospects by taking the advanced security training program that employers are looking for!
Upon completion of this training, the student will understand:
- Role and tasks of a security guard
- Report writing and note-taking
- Radio communication
- Searching techniques
- Loss prevention
- Crowd management and event security
- Legal aspects of a security guard’s responsibilities
- Crisis management
- Non-verbal communication
- Use of force
- Working in security
- Emergency procedures and fire prevention
- Customer service
- Standard first aid: CPR and AED
- Alarm systems
- Traffic management
- Labour conflicts
- Access control
- Non-violent crisis intervention
How to register
Acceptance into the program will be determined immediately following the interview.
Please be advised that this training is currently only offered in French.
- Must be at least 18 years of age with a clean criminal record
- Must have a government-issued photo identification
- Must have successfully completed a recognized 70-hour security guard training program
Taxes not included. Payable in cash or by debit/credit at the time of registration.
A low interest monthly payment plan is available with Desjardins upon credit approval.
The program duration is 5 weeks from Monday to Friday, 8:20 AM to 4:00 PM.
Refer to our calendar for upcoming start dates.
Opening hours and location:Monday trough Friday, 8:00AM to 4:00PM
1350 rue Barré Montreal, QC, H3C 1N4