An ever-evolving industry
The security industry is becoming more professional. Institutions such as hospitals, banks, universities and many others increasingly require highly skilled or experienced security professionals.
Become a recognized professional in the job market by obtaining a certificate in industrial and commercial security. This training program is the one of the most recognized in the industry with a growing demand for qualified individuals.
The GardaWorld CDC difference
Our training combines more than 15 specialized modules that incorporate both theory and practice, so students can better grasp knowledge. That is why this intensive training is the equivalent of one year of field experience.
Upon completion of this training, the student will understand:
- Role and tasks of a security guard
- Report writing and note-taking
- Radio communication
- Searching techniques
- Loss prevention
- Crowd management and event security
- Legal aspects of a security guard’s responsibilities
- Crisis management
- Non-verbal communication
- Use of force
- Working in security
- Emergency procedures and fire prevention
- Customer service
- Standard first aid: CPR and AED
- Alarm systems
- Traffic management
- Labour conflicts
- Access control
- Non-violent crisis intervention
How to register
Go to the Montreal training centre, open Monday through Friday 8AM to 4PM
1350 rue Barré Montreal, QC, H3C 1N4 514-315-9768
You have to be at least 18 years of age with no criminal record.
Please note that this training is available only in French for the moment.
- A photo identification
- Proof of Canadian immigration status (visa, work/student permit, etc.)
- Photocopy of high school diploma, or its equivalent
- Your certificate of completion for a 70-hour security guard training program
- If you have a valid security guard permit issued by the BSP, the original and a photocopy
Taxes not included. Payable in cash or by debit/credit at the time of registration.
Learn more! A low-rate financing program is possible with Desjardins under conditions.
Training lasts 5 weeks, Monday to Friday, from 8:20 AM to 4 PM.