Online Training - Security Guard (Ontario)
Self-paced security guard training at competitive pricing
Disponible en anglais seulement
In Ontario, the security guard licence issued by Service Ontario is mandatory for every person wishing to work as a security guard. Prior to applying for this licence, you must successfully complete a 40-hours basic security guard training program recognized by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services.
Kickstart your career with flexible online security guard training. The easily accessible GardaWorld program consists of videos, text, quizzes and downloadable material suitable for today’s classroom style learning environment.
Upon completion of this training, the student will understand :
- Role and tasks of a security guard
- Customer service and professionalism
- Different types of communication
- Report writing and note-taking
- Patrolling procedures
- Alarm systems
- Traffic management
- Legal aspects of a security guard’s responsibilities
- Health and Safety
- Fire prevention and emergency procedures
- Use of Force Theory
- Access control
- Labour conflicts and crisis management
The duration of this online course is 40 hours. Additionally, you will have to successfully complete a Level A First Aid class in order to be admissible for a security guard license.
You can enroll at one of our training facilities or take the class at one of Ontario’s providers approved by WSIB to deliver Emergency and Standard First Aid.
Plus taxes, payable online via secure payment.
Before you apply for a security guard licence in Ontario, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be 18 years or older at the time of registration
- Have no criminal record
- Have successfully completed the proper mandated training (such as this online training course in addition to the Level A First Aid course) and testing and received an Ontario Testing Completion Number
Questions? Contact a member of our Career Development Centre.